Pre-school education is not statutory. It is designed for children in the year immediately before they enter P1, although a limited number of places may be available for younger children in some centres.
Funded pre-school places are available in a range of pre-school centres (providers) including:
- nursery schools;
- nursery units in primary schools; and
- voluntary and private playgroups and day nurseries which are part of the Pre-school Education Programme (these centres may also offer fee paying places to parents).
Note: Each school has a number of reference books for viewing which detail the admissions criteria for all schools in their area.
Search for School Criteria
Use the search options to find Pre-Schools and their criteria information. The Keywords search will search for school name or location. Enter a postcode if you wish to do a mileage range search.
- click on a School name to view full schools details
- click the School Criteria Document to view school admissions criteria.
- click back button to return to search results
If you require further help, please contact the appropriate EA admissions office.