All Induction Teachers, including those on permanent, temporary, full time or part time contracts and those working on a day-to-day substitute teaching basis, have an entitlement to professional development.
Induction Teachers employed in mainstream schools and in Special Education will be offered up to 2 days of substitute cover to support their attendance at their choice of professional development courses from the Induction programme.
Selecting your Courses
If you are attending a full-day course and have any special dietary requirements, please email or telephone the IEPD team in advance of the course so that catering arrangements can be made.
Once you have registered, you will receive a link to full details of the courses, including dates, times, venues and course aims.
Please note the following:
- You should aim to attend one of the Induction Core/Positive Behaviour 2-day blocks.
- You should consult with your Teacher Tutor before applying for a course online.
- If in post, you will require substitute cover and must have the school principal’s permission to attend the selected course.
- Payment for a substitute teacher to support your release to attend a course can only be issued for full day attendance.
- If not currently in post you should, wherever possible, give a commitment to attend the selected course.
Please observe the following:
- Please arrive promptly as courses will start at the specified time.
- Please turn your mobile phone to silent or vibrate during presentations.
- Should you anticipate that you will have to leave early (e.g. to return to school for an event or attend a pre-arranged medical appointment), please inform us and your school in advance. Lack of prior notification may result in your school being contacted and substitute cover not being paid.
- If for any reason you cannot attend a course for which you have applied please contact the EA IEPD team as soon as possible so that catering and resource numbers can be reduced or your place offered to another teacher on the waiting list.