Between Thursday 7 March 2019 and Wednesday 1 May 2019 (not later than 4.00pm) changes of preference can only be accepted in exceptional circumstances. This is usually because you have moved to live in a different area and it is no longer feasible for your child to attend the original schools.
If you wish to change your preference due to exceptional circumstances you must submit a request in writing to the EA on or before 4.00 pm on Wednesday 1 May 2019. Verification of the exceptional circumstances must be provided. If approved, the EA will amend the original Transfer Form and send it to the new school(s).
Examples of documents to verifiy an address change include -
- Tenancy agreement
- Rates bill
- Sale of house agreement
Examples of documents to verify family related circumstances:
- Letter from family support officer
- Medical information
- Letter from employer in the case where you have changed jobs since the submission of your application.
Make sure that you discuss the school preferences with your child in advance of submitting the Transfer Form. Also consider how your child will travel to the schools listed and whether or not you are eligible for transport assistance. This is important as the following types of situation are not considered to be exceptional circumstances -
- parent/child changing their mind following further consideration of the preferences listed;
- parents becoming aware that another child or children have or have not applied to a particular school;
- the publication of a development proposal for a school for which a decision has not yet been made;
- transport arrangements.
After 1 May 2019 changes of preference in any circumstances will not be processed until after Friday 31 May 2019.
At the end of the Admissions Process
A change of preference at the end of the Admissions Process can be requested however you should be aware that after Friday 31 May 2019 a number of schools will have allocated all their places and can only give consideration to a change of preference in the event that a place becomes available.