Applications for Free School Meals and Uniform Grants can take up to four weeks to be processed.
If you have submitted the correct information as requested then only contact us if you have not received a response four weeks from the date of your application.
If you have not submitted the correct information we will email you, please check your email junk folder.
Payment of Uniform Grants for children aged over 16 will not be made until confirmation is received back from schools that they are registered for the current year. If your child is over 16 please do not contact the Meals and Uniform Helpdesk.
Parent(s)/Guardian(s) can apply if your son or daughter is in full-time education and if you are in receipt of one of the following benefits:-
- Income Support;
- Income Based Jobseeker’s Allowance;
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance;
- Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit;
- Child Tax Credit or Working Tax Credit with an annual taxable income of £16,190 or less;
- Universal credit and have net household earnings not exceeding £14,000 per year.
- if you are an Asylum Seeker supported by the Home Office Asylum Support Assessment Team (ASAT); or
- if your child has a statement of special educational needs and is designated to require a special diet.
Student(s) can apply:
- if the course you are studying is a full-time course, and
- you are receiving benefit in your own name.