Guidance for parents and carers supporting pupils experiencing literacy difficulties during COVID-19
Overview of accessibility features available on electronic devices that parents/carers may have at home
Ideas and links to support a pupil with literacy difficulties at home using assistive technology during coronavirus
- ADHD kids.com - This website contains links and information for ADHD charities and organisations - ADHD Resources
- leannesihm.wordpress.com – Mothers blog with ADHD children
- Additudemag.com – Parent and teacher downloads and information pack
- Healthline – Selection of websites, further reading and workbooks/interventions for children with ADHD/ADD
- Verywellmind - Links to support groups, summer camps, books, podcasts & magazines. Other useful information on ADHD included.
- YoungMinds – Help with improving the emotional well-being and mental health of young people.
- Homeadvisor.com – Search ‘creating the optimal living environment for children with ADHD’. Includes tips for Design changes to bedroom and house, creating systems and routines and holding your child responsible for their space. Great tips for ADHD children.
- Understood.org – Search option for ADHD articles and resources
- 5 Simple Concentration Building Techniques for Kids with ADHD - Games to improve concentration
- Further intervention programmes:
- Introduction to the Hope for Children and Family Intervention Resources - The hope for family and children intervention resources (£25 per booklet) provide comprehensive work booklets for disruptive children
- The ADHD workbook for kids: Help for kids to gain self-confidence, social skills, and self-control (Instant help book for kids and parents). This workbook offers a simple way for kids to learn critical skills in just 10 minutes a day. (£10.50 per book)
Frequently Asked Questions about EDUCATION RESTART
More information for Parents and Families about Education Restart is available by clicking the link below