During Restart the SEN Early Years Inclusion Service (SEN EYIS) will remain fully operational.
What we will do?
- Universal support –this will be available to all service users
- The SEN EYIS is contributing to the Children and Young People’s Services Wellbeing Helpline for Restart. Through this, we will assist educational settings where staff or children experience wellbeing needs during this period of Restart.
- We will also continue to increase our range of resources and short online trainings on the SEN EYIS web tile.
- We will extend our training menu for leadership and practitioners in early educational settings
- Targeted and Intensive support – this will be available to families and early educational settings of children referred to the service by the Early Years SEN Panel
- We will extend our training menu for families
- We will continue to make early telephone contact with the families of all newly referred children. The purpose of this call will be to introduce the service, gather information and provide initial support.
- We will also make early telephone contact with the educational settings attended by newly referred children for the same purpose.
- Families and educational settings already working with an assigned team member will be contacted by their link or can get in touch before that using contact details provided by their link.
How we will do it?
- We will make direct telephone contact with the families and educational settings of all children referred to the service by the EA Early Years SEN Panel.
- General queries to the service can be made by phone. Phone lines are operational during office hours and a voice message facility is available.
- 028 9078 4283 for Belfast and Dundonald office areas
- 028 8241 1580 for Armagh and Omagh office areas
- 028 9448 2298 for Ballymena and Derry/Londonderry office areas
- All forms of electronic/digital communication available to the service will be used to facilitate support. These may include
- Social media
- Other digital platforms
- SEN EYIS will follow EA, DE and PHA guidance on returning to home and setting based support.