The Resource File was written by educators with expertise in special educational needs, including Principals, Education Authority Officers, Academics and Teachers.
The strength of the Resource File is that each chapter is packed with strategies that are known to work with the specific special educational need being addressed and schools and teachers should use the strategies as part of the Individual Education Plan process for pupils with special educational needs.
On publication, 3 copies of the Resource File were delivered to every school in Northern Ireland, 1 for the Principal, 1 for the Special Educational Needs Coordinator and 1 for the Staffroom. In addition, all the chapters are available to all teachers through C2K.
The Resource File is a large file and contains several chapters, and each chapter can be accessed by clicking on the link below.
- Leadership and Management for Special Educational Needs
- The Role of the Special Educational Needs Coordinator
- Quality Indicators for the work of the SENCO
- Understanding Memory Difficulties
- Reading, Writing and Spelling for Children with SEN
- The Autistic Spectrum
- Understanding and Managing Social, Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties (SEBD)
- Mathematics for Children with Special Educational Needs
- Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD)
- Information and Communications Technology for Inclusion
- Individual Education Plans
- Irish Medium and Special Educational Needs
- Physical Disability
- Sensory Difficulties, Visual and Auditory
- Speech, Language and Communication Difficulties
- Writers, contributors and useful websites