What if you disagree with what the Education Authority says?

The Education Authority will always be willing to hear and consider your views. Included are some of the ways in which your view can be heard.

Advice & Information Service

Contact the Advice & Information Service via the SEN Helpline for impartial advice and information. The SEN Helpline operates Monday – Friday from 9am – 5pm and can be reached at 028 9598 5960.

The Dispute Avoidance and Resolution Service (DARS)

This service provides a forum for exploring differences, identifying points of agreement and finding a way forward which is acceptable to all involved. For parents wishing to engage with the service you should make contact by telephone: 028 9072 6060 or email: DARS@globalmediation.co.uk

Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal

The Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal (or SENDIST) considers parents’ appeals against the decisions of the Education Authority about children’s Special Educational Needs, where the parents cannot reach agreement with the Education Authority. It also deals with claims of disability discrimination in relation to children at school.

Email: tribunalsunit@courtsni.gov.uk
Website: Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal

Last updated: 14/04/2021