We provide advice, guidance and focused support to schools, families and other educational support services to help meet our Education Authority main aims:
"To give our children and young people the best start in life and to provide a high quality education for every child"
As an intercultural support service we have a number of related objectives to help us to meet that aim:
- To meet the learning needs of our children and young people with additional needs;
- To provide excellent educational supports for our schools and target communities;
- To provide a consistent service to schools and families in need of support across Northern Ireland;
- To facilitate equality of access and equality from pre-school to post-primary education;
- To build the capacity of schools to meet the intercultural development needs of children and young people;
- To promote whole school approaches to service development;
- To promote full inclusion and integration across all areas of education and youth services;
- To support and encourage family learning, out of school hours learning and life-long learning.
Our service delivery plan sets out how IES will deliver a full range of support activities aimed at helping to meet the service delivery objectives set out above.