Schools in all grant aided primary, post primary and special schools will be required to comply with the requirements of the Addressing Bullying in Schools Act (NI) 2016 by September 2019.
Please see below a copy of the Addressing Bullying in Schools Act (NI) 2016.
The Act creates the following statutory duties on grant-aided schools :
- Schools must comply with the legislative definition
- Schools must have an anti-bullying policy with preventative measures updated at intervals of no more than 4 years*
- The Governors must ensure the Anti-Bullying policy is properly implemented and preventative measures kept under review so that it is fit for purpose
- Schools must engage with pupils, parents/carers and the school community when developing and reviewing the anti-bullying policy
- Schools must record incidents of bullying and alleged bullying behaviours including the motivation, method and how each incident was addressed together with the outcomes