Welcome to the new digital returns process for Annual Reviews. This section contains useful information, access to support resources and details on how to register on to the new EA Connect portal to process digital returns.
The current process involves schools/educational settings collating paper documents from parents/carers and scanning all the information into a document to email the returns to the EA. Schools/educational settings can still process annual reviews in paper form if they wish and can access support resources relating to this on the Special Educational Needs page.
Use the button below to login to EA Connect.
Submit Annual Reviews on EA Connect
Over 90% of schools preferred to complete Annual Reviews on EA Connect.
Schools and educational settings can still opt in to the digital returns by completing the EA Connect Annual Review Registration Form.
Feedback from Schools:
“I found the portal easy to navigate and a lot more efficient than the paper-based returns”.
“Great improvement. Excellent system. Has made the process so much easier.”
Returning Your Annual Review Documentation
The school/educational settings undertake the Annual Review on behalf of the Education Authority (EA). To return Annual Reviews online through EA Connect schools/settings must:
- Schools/educational settings who wish to complete annual reviews through EA Connect must register their interest through the registering your interest form.
- A member of the EdIS team will contact SENCo to register the school/educational setting and staff using C2k email address (please note: this is only for Principal/SENCo/other staff members who complete Annual Reviews within your school).
- Schools/educational settings will communicate with relevant parents/carers to inform them the Annual Reviews will be completed through EA Connect portal and encourage them to register on the portal. Parent/carer support resources for returning Annual reviews through EA Connect can be found within our Annual Review section.
- Staff members will login to the EA Connect portal using their C2k email address and follow directions to change their password.
- Login to EA Connect and use platform to process digital Annual Reviews.
Please access the user guides available below for help and support on submitting your annual return through EA connect.
For further information or support please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
FAQs - SEN Annual Reviews
Please see below the top frequently asked questions received by the SEN Annual Review team.
If you are experiencing issues with pupils not appearing on your list who require an Annual Review, please see the steps below that may help you locate the pupil on the system.
- Select the ‘Create New AR’ button on the dashboard page.
- In the pop-up form, type the first few letters of a pupil's name into the ‘search pupil’ box.
- In the ‘select form type’ drop-down, select the Annual Review form required.
- Select ‘save’.
- The pupil details will appear on your EA Connect dashboard.
- If the pupil is not listed after the steps above are followed, please contact email@example.com or your school’s SEN Link Officer for further support and advice (a pupil may still be recorded as registered at a previous school and may need to be changed on the EA SARS system).
In some instances, you may need to remove a pupil on your list who does not attend your school or has since moved to a different school. Follow the steps below to remove a pupil from your list.
- Select the pupil from the list on the dashboard using either the Student ID number or the Annual Review number.
- Press the ‘Cancel Annual Review’ button at the top right-hand side of the page.
- The review will be removed from your list.
All reviews will appear as ‘open’ until the meetings are scheduled using the calendar on EA Connect. Please see the separate guidance on How to schedule an Annual Review.
- After the AR meeting is booked on the calendar, the Annual Review will move to ‘meeting scheduled’.
- If the digital form is complete but an Annual Review meeting is not scheduled, you will not be able to submit the form. If required you can use the ‘Cancel Annual Review’ function to remove it.
- If you have scheduled an Annual Review meeting and completed the digital form you can mark the form as ‘Meeting Heard’.
- A pop notification will appear for you to confirm the meeting status of the form.
- You may submit the form when the status of the meeting is confirmed, however, please ensure the form is ready to submit as no changes can be made to the form after this.
- EA receive a notification once you submit your review.
- When completing an Annual Review form, you may see the ‘year group’ as a non-editable box. The pupil may also have an incorrect year group recorded on the form or the incorrect type of Annual Review form.
- In this case please select ‘Create New AR’ on the dashboard.
- Type the first few letters of the pupil name into the search field
- A pop up notification will appear stating an Annual Review already exists for this pupil and will ask you to create another one.
- Scroll down and select the type of Annual Review form required
- Select save
- The pupil’s details will appear on your EA Connect dashboard. Please check that the year group has been corrected accordingly
- If the pupil is still listed in the incorrect year group, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or your school’s SEN Link Officer for further support and advice
- Pupil’s details may need to be updated on the EA SARS system to reflect over age retention. Once an amendment is made by SARS, you can create a new Annual Review for the pupil the following day.
If you are a specialist provision unit (SPA/SPL) or a nursery unit attached to a school, but do not see the pupils listed on the EA Connect portal, please follow the steps below.
- On the EA Connect dashboard, use the drop-down arrow located where the school name appears and select the SPA/SPL/Nursery unit.
- If your unit is not listed, please contact email@example.com for further assistance.
As a security feature and to ensure the confidential content within Annual Reviews is protected, EA Connect automatically times out after 30 minutes. It is recommended that users save their work regularly while completing the Annual Reviews.