Pastoral and practical support is available throughout this journey, through a named School Age Mothers Coordinator, who is there to advise, assist and enable young women to continue on their academic journey.
Provided below are the following documents:
- Guidance for Young Women, which provides organisational guidance and support for School age Mothers and their families, regarding help available.
- Guidance for Schools, which provides organisation guidance and support on good practice, from learned experience.
- Guidance for Childcare Providers, which provides guidance and support to ensure accountability, and also that Regional procedures are adhered to.
- School Age Mothers Referral Form – referrals are mostly completed by schools, with families consent. The referral provides some basic contact information along with contact details of Coordinators. Self-referrals, or referrals from other services are welcome. Once completed, the Coordinator will make contact with the School Age Mother, to enable her to make an informed decision about future planning.
- Named School Age Mothers Coordinators - there are five SAMs Coordinators within Northern Ireland; new referrals are allocated by management to ensure optimum support for families.