We are now part of the Children & Young People’s Services directorate and we work closely with our colleagues within the Education Directorate, within Health Services, Youth Services and District Councils. We provide advice, guidance and focused support to schools, families and other educational support services to help meet our Education Authority main aims:
"To give our children and young people the best start in life and to provide a high quality education for every child"
As an intercultural support service we have a number of related objectives to help us to meet that aim:
- To meet the learning needs of our children and young people with additional needs;
- To provide excellent educational supports for our schools and target communities;
- To provide a consistent service to schools and families in need of support across Northern Ireland;
- To facilitate equality of access and equality from pre-school to post-primary education;
- To build the capacity of schools to meet the intercultural development needs of children and young people;
- To promote whole school approaches to service development;
- To promote full inclusion and integration across all areas of education and youth services;
- To support and encourage family learning, out of school hours learning and life-long learning.
Our service delivery plan sets out how IES will deliver a full range of support activities aimed at helping to meet the service delivery objectives set out above.
Intercultural Education Service,
Antrim Area Office,
17 Lough Rd,
Telephone: 028 9448 2210
For sign language interpreting
The IES does not book sign language interpreting for schools. Please use this website link for more information: https://www.eani.org.uk/about-us/equality