Applying for a funded Pre-School Place
If your child is born on or between 2 July 2017 and 1 July 2018 they will be in their final pre-school year (Target Age). You can apply to a Nursery School; a Nursery Unit in a Primary School; or a Voluntary/Private playgroup provider.
Penultimate (Underage): - If funded places are still available after target age children are admitted then penultimate children born on or between 2 July 2018 and 1 July 2019 may also be admitted. You can only apply to a Nursery School or a Nursery Unit in a Primary School.
The Citizen Portal for online applications opens at 12.00 noon on 7 January 2021 and closes at 12.00 noon on 29 January 2021 for September 2021 admissions.
- Places are not allocated on a first come, first served basis.
- Before you start your application find out more information about the pre-schools you are interested in applying to by reading the admissions criteria.
- The Admissions Helpdesk 028 9598 5595 will be available for digital assistance.
- If you do not apply before the closing date/time of 12.00 noon on Friday 29 January 2021, your application will be treated as a late application.
- If you are unable to apply online, paper applications will only be available on request from the Education Authority Pre-School Admissions Office.
- For further information/guidance please view the Pre-School Admissions User Guide below. This guide includes information on Socially Disadvantaged circumstances.