Before a Supply Teacher can become 'LIVE' on the Northern Ireland Supply Teacher Register booking system you must complete a simple 12 step registration process. Please visit the link below to commence the registration process.
12 Step Registration Process
We have created a useful Quick Reference Guide to take you through each registration step, this can be found on within our Support Resources. Please see a summary of the 12-steps below.
- Step 1 - Personal Information
- Step 2 - Qualifications
- Step 3 - Teaching Experience
- Step 4 - Teaching Subjects
- Step 5 - Further Info – NI Number & TR Number for GTCNI validation
- Step 6 - Health Questionnaire
- Step 7 - References
- Step 8 -Right to Work
- Step 9- Access NI certificate – if you have recently graduation (within the last 3 months) we can accept the Certificate that was issued to you by your university while undertaking your Teaching Degree
- Step 10 - Access NI consent
- Step 11 - Access NI payment
- Step 12 - Access NI documentation
All Supply Teacher’s registering on NISTR must have completed the four mandatory compliance requirements to obtain a ‘LIVE’ registration status. Please ensure you are aware of this before you commence the registration process, and ensure you have the required documentation and evidence to hand.
- GTCNI Registration
- Pre-employment Health Questionnaire
- Proof of Right to Work in the UK
- An Enhanced Disclosure check – completed by AccessNI
Where do I go if I need help?
If you have any questions about the 12-step process please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions.
If you are unable to find the answer to your question, please visit our NISTR Contact page for details on how you can contact the NISTR Administration team for further support. The Contact page also contains useful information on how to get in touch with relevant third parties involved with NISTR registration (GTCNI, AccessNI and Department of Education Payroll Team).