Applying for a Primary School Place
All children who are 4 years old on or before the 1st July must begin their primary education from the beginning of the school year following their 4th birthday. For September 2021 admission a child is considered compulsory school age if their date of birth falls between 2 July 2016 and 1 July 2017.
Application Forms are available to download below, or you can request a paper form by emailing the Primary Admissions Office (email@example.com) or by telephone request to the Admissions Helpdesk (028) 9598 5595. Your application will be processed as a late application.
An Irish language translation of the application form is also available – please contact the Admissions Helpdesk (028) 9598 5595.
Before submitting your application:
- Read the admissions guide ‘Admission to Primary Education 2021'.
- Check the list of Primary Schools with places available at 28 April 2021.
- Find out more information and read the admissions criteria about the schools that you wish to apply for, using the "Search Schools" facility.
- Complete the application form and bring or send directly to the first preference school attaching your child’s birth certificate – please check the admissions criteria of the school for any other required documents
- Contact the Admissions Helpdesk if you have any queries 028 9598 5595
A small number of primary schools provide a Reception class for children who are aged four at the date of their admission, but who are not yet of compulsory school age (i.e. children whose fourth birthday is after 1 July in a year).
Reception places will only be allocated after all children of compulsory school age have been selected for a place.
Children currently already enrolled in a Reception Class
If you child is currently enrolled in a Reception Class and you wish for them to continue their primary one education at the same school, then a new application is not required.
However, if you wish to apply for your child to be admitted to Primary one in a different primary school, then you must complete an application for consideration.