Applying for a Primary School Place
The online application for admission to P1 in September 2021 has now closed.
All applications are now late and must be made using a paper form. Forms are available to download below, you can also submit a request by email to the Primary Admissions Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) to have a form emailed or posted to you or contact the Admissions Helpdesk (028) 9598 5595. If you require an Irish language translation please contact the Admissions Helpdesk.
Before submitting a late application:
- Read the Admissions guides.
- Find out more information about the schools that you wish to apply for, using the "Search Schools" facility.
- Carefully read the admissions criteria for the pre-schools/schools which you wish to apply for, as you will need to indicate how your child meets the admissions criteria in your Preference Reasons in the application. Admissions Criteria is available for Pre-Schools, Primary Schools and Post-Primary Schools under ‘Search Schools’.
- Complete and submit the application and attach your child’s birth certificate and any other documents required by any of the schools you have applied to.
- Return form by email or post to the appropriate Admissions Office.
- Details of key dates in the admissions procedures which can be found (link to important dates for your diary) and also in the Admissions Guides.
- Further information on submitting a late application can be found in the Primary Admissions Guide.
- Your application will now be treated as late and may not be considered until these admissions procedures have ended on 28 April 2021.
- Contact the Admissions Helpdesk if you have any queries 028 9598 5595
Please return your completed form to the Admissions Office (preferably by email)
Post: Primary Admissions Office
Education Authority, 3 Charlemont Place, The Mall, ARMAGH, BT61 9AX
A small number of primary schools provide a Reception class for children who are aged four at the date of their admission, but who are not yet of compulsory school age (i.e. children whose fourth birthday is after 1 July in a year).
Reception places will only be allocated after all children of compulsory school age have been selected for a place.
Children currently already enrolled in a Reception Class
If you child is currently enrolled in a Reception Class and you wish for them to continue their primary one education at the same school, then a new application is not required.
However, if you wish to apply for your child to be admitted to Primary one in a different primary school, then you must complete an application for consideration.