Applying for a Primary School Place
The online application for admission to P1 in September 2021 has now closed.
To make an application for Primary 1 for September 2021 you must use a paper form. Forms are available to download below, or you can request a form by emailing the Primary Admissions Office (email@example.com) or by telephone request to the Admissions Helpdesk (028) 9598 5595. Your application will be processed as a late application.
An Irish language translation of the application form is available – please contact the Admissions Helpdesk (028) 9598 5595.
Before submitting your application:
- Read the admissions guide ‘What do you need to do now 2021'.
- Check the list of Primary Schools with places available at 28 April 2021.
- Find out more information about the schools that you wish to apply for, using the "Search Schools" facility.
- Carefully read the admissions criteria for the schools which you wish to apply for, as you will need to indicate how your child meets the admissions criteria in your Preference Reasons in the application. Admissions Criteria is available for Pre-Schools, Primary Schools and Post-Primary Schools under ‘Search Schools’.
- Complete the application form and bring or send directly to the first preference school attaching your child’s birth certificate – please check the admissions criteria for any other required documents
- Contact the Admissions Helpdesk if you have any queries 028 9598 5595
A small number of primary schools provide a Reception class for children who are aged four at the date of their admission, but who are not yet of compulsory school age (i.e. children whose fourth birthday is after 1 July in a year).
Reception places will only be allocated after all children of compulsory school age have been selected for a place.
Children currently already enrolled in a Reception Class
If you child is currently enrolled in a Reception Class and you wish for them to continue their primary one education at the same school, then a new application is not required.
However, if you wish to apply for your child to be admitted to Primary one in a different primary school, then you must complete an application for consideration.