If your child was born between 2 July 2009 and 1 July 2010 and you have not yet applied for a Year 8 place in a Post-Primary school for September 2021 please apply now using application form below. Please also refer to guidance in the Post-Primary Admissions – What you need to do after the close of the admissions procedure.
Before submitting your application:
- Read the Post Primary Admissions - What do you need to do after the close of the admissions process.
- Check the list of Post-Primary Schools with places available at 26 August 2021.
- Find out more information and read the admissions criteria about the schools that you wish to apply for, using the ‘Search Schools’ facility.
- Contact the Admissions Helpdesk if you have any queries 028 9598 5595.
The following children are exempt from the post-primary admissions process:
- Children with a statement of special educational needs.
You should not complete an application if your child has a Statement of Special Educational Needs as your child’s placement will be arranged through the EA’s Special Educational Needs Department.
However, if your child is undergoing statutory assessment and does not currently have a statement you still need to apply for a post-primary place.
- Children who will be attending an independent school.
You will need to contact the school directly to make admissions arrangements for child to attend an independent school.
Admissions Appeals for 2021 are now closed.
Exceptional Circumstances Body
For post-primary schools only, you can also apply to the Exceptional Circumstances Body (ECB) if you think your child should go to a specific post-primary school because of exceptional circumstances.
You can use one or both processes to appeal a decision about a post-primary school place.
Further information is available on NI Direct in relation to the Exceptional Circumstances Body or you can contact the Secretariat by telephone on 028 9127 9871, or by emailing email@example.com
There is no deadline for applying to the ECB.