The Supporting Learning website, commissioned by DE in response to the challenges of the pandemic, has continued to develop and has become the key location for teachers and schools leaders to access resources and register for programmes.
The website has been designed to support teachers’ learning and development and to effectively promote the reflective practice central to the Department of Education’s Teacher Professional Learning strategy.
The website has been designed for all teacher to access and aims to be the first stop shop in professional learning by:
- Providing access to a range of opportunities of professional learning to register for
- Signpost to useful and supporting resources
- Share experiences from a range of practitioners of small bite size case studies of what is working well in their context
- Provide access to self-led learning modules
- Provide access to ‘featured modules’ with access to topical resources and support.
Supporting Learning TPL website, which is available for all teachers to access through the MY SCHOOL portal on C2K by selecting the rainbow icon. It is also available to access directly at Supporting Learning website. It is split into distinct sections for ease of access.
- Latest News and Resources
- Case Studies
- Learning Modules
- Featured Modules
- Since its relaunch in March 2022 the website has had over 9,000 visits with many of these visits to explore new content that is added.
- Feedback from schools is that the website has been useful for whole school development as appropriate, especially with the addition of the recent Outdoor Learning Featured Module.