Payment for Enhanced Disclosure Check (AccessNI)

Information on making a payment for an Access NI Enhanced Disclosure Check.

If you have applied for a post in EA or will be engaged in work that is considered to be ‘regulated activity’ you will be required to complete an Enhanced Disclosure Check through AccessNI.

EA will advise applicants when this is required as part of the process of pre-employment checks and how to make the required payment for the Enhanced Disclosure Check. Please do not use this link if you have not been directed to this page by EA.

The payment can be made by debit/credit card using the link below.

To process your payment you will need:

  • 10-digit AccessNI Reference number which you will receive once you have completed the AccessNI Online Application Process for an Enhanced Disclosure Check to be completed through a registered body.

General information in relation to applying for an Enhanced Disclosure Check is available in EA Applicant Guidance Notes and on the AccessNI webpage on NI Direct. 

If you require any further information or have any queries please contact our AccessNI Team by selecting the relevant option when you phone  028 9056 4301 or email [email protected]

Access NI Identity Documentation

Group 1: Primary Identity Documents

  • Current passport (any nationality)
  • Biometric Residence Permit (UK)
  • Current driving licence (UK, Isle of Man, Channel Islands or Ireland. 
  • Original birth certificate (UK, Isle of Man and Channel Islands including those issued by UK authorities overseas, for example embassies, High Commissions and HM Forces) issued with 12 months of birth
  • Original long form Irish birth certificate –issued at time of registration of birth (Ireland)
  • Adoption certificate (UK, Channel Islands or Ireland)

Group 2a: Trusted Government Documents

  • Birth certificate (UK, Isle of Man, Channel Islands or Ireland) issued after time of birth
  • Marriage / Civil Partnership Certificate (UK, Channel Islands or Ireland)
  • HM Forces ID card (UK)
  • Firearms licence (UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man)
  • Electoral ID card (NI only)
  • Current driving licence photocard, full or provisional (All countries outside of the UK (excluding Isle of Man and Channel Islands)
  • Current driving licence full or provisional paper version (if issued before 1998) (UK, Isle of Man, Channel Islands and Ireland)
  • Immigration document, visa or work permit (Issued by a country outside the UK. Valid only for roles whereby the applicant is living and working outside of the UK. Visa/permit must relate to the country in which the role is based)

Group 2b : Financial and Social History Documents

  • Mortgage Statement (UK or Ireland)
  • Financial statement, for example ISA, pension or endowment (UK or Ireland)
  • P45 or P60 statement (UK or Channel Islands)
  • Land and Property Services rates demand (NI only)
  • Council tax statement (UK and Channel Islands)

Above documents must be issued within the last 12 months

  • Credit card statement (UK or Ireland)
  • Bank or Building society statement (UK, Channel Islands or Ireland)
  • Bank or Building society statement (Countries outside the UK) (Branch must be in the country where the applicant lives and works)
  • Bank or building society account opening confirmation letter (UK)
  • Utility bill (not mobile phone) (UK or Ireland)
  • Benefit statement, for example Child Benefit, Pension, etc (UK)
  • Central or local government, government agency, or local council document giving entitlement, for example from the Department for Work and Pensions, the Employment Service, HMRC (UK and Channel Islands)

Above documents must be issued within the last 3 months

  • EEA National ID card
  • 60+ or Senior (65+) SmartPass issued by Translink (NI)
  • yLink card issued by Translink (NI)
  • Irish Passport Card (Cannot be used with an Irish passport)
  • Cards carrying the PASS accreditation logo (UK, Isle of Man and Channel Islands)
  • Letter from head teacher or further education college principal (UK for 16 -19 year olds in full time education – only used in exceptional circumstances if other documents cannot be provided)
  • Letter of sponsorship from future employment provider or voluntary organisation (Non-UK only - valid for applicants residing outside UK at time of application)

Above documents must be valid at the time of checking

Three documents must be provided in the name of the applicant; one from Group 1 and a further two from any Group. At least one document must show the applicant’s current address. If this is not possible, then four documents from Group 2a and 2b should be produced, one of which being a birth certificate issued after the time of birth. One document must show the applicant’s current address.

Last updated: 10/04/2024