The service is managed by a Head of Service and there are Designated Officers for Child Protection based in each of the five EA offices.
The office contact number is:
CPSS provides the following services:
- A daily advice and support helpline in response to any safeguarding/child protection concerns which arise in schools, Education Other Than At School (EOTAS) centres, the EA Youth Service and other EA services.
- Advice and guidance concerning the development, implementation and review of safeguarding/child protection policies within schools, EOTAS centres, EA Youth centres and other EA services.
- Advice and support to schools and EA services in relation to safeguarding issues identified by the Education & Training Inspectorate (ETI) during their inspection of safeguarding arrangements.
- Advice to EA Human Resource managers dealing with allegations of abuse against members of staff and where there are safeguarding concerns in respect of the potential employment of EA staff or individuals employed by contracted services.
- Training for staff with designated safeguarding responsibilities in schools (the Safeguarding team), EOTAS centres and EA Youth Service centres.
- Child Protection awareness training for staff in other relevant EA services and specified contracted services.
- The completion of reports for the Safeguarding Board for Northern Ireland (SBNI) in accordance with the Case Management Review (CMR) provisions of the Safeguarding Board Act (NI) 2011.
- The issue of performance licences for children of statutory school age involved in entertainment (film, television, radio, musicals, dance, drama etc) and the approval, registration and training of chaperones who are required to safeguard children in entertainment. See the Children in Entertainment and Employment Team (CEET) page for further details.
- The issue of employment permits for children of statutory school age who are in employment. See the Children in Entertainment and Employment Team (CEET) page for further details.