This three year programme is focused on post primary schools which serve young people living in Urban Village areas in Belfast and Derry / Londonderry. It aims to inject more creativity into the classroom, in a bid to improve educational outcomes for students.
The Creative Schools Partnership programme is based on research which indicates that access to quality arts experiences in school can benefit all aspects of learning. These include better engagement and attendance levels, improving results in other school subjects, increasing confidence and self-motivation, and promoting positive mental health and wellbeing.
The schools will be working with artists on a range of creative projects including, music production, journalism, photography, film making, animation, and ceramics.
The schools participating are:
- Ashfield Girls’ High School
- Belfast Boys Model
- Belfast Model School for Girls
- Blessed Trinity College, Belfast
- Malone College, Belfast
- Mercy College, Belfast
- St Colm’s High School, Belfast
- St Genevieve’s High School, Belfast
- St Joseph’s Boys’ School, Derry
- St Vincent’s Centre, Belfast
- St. Cecilia’s College, Derry
- Lisneal College, Londonderry